Why have an award just for Western Australia?
We wanted to create an inspiring environment where we salute the Western Australians who fight back and who’ve jumped in to protect; our enterprises (big and small), our government agencies, elders, children and our communities. To show our appreciation for those people doing great things in the Cyber Security space. It is also important for Western Australia to develop and maintain a Cyber Security community of peers who collaborate and share experiences. Lastly, I do a lot of mentoring and volunteering in the industry and I see a new generation of local cyber defenders who need to have strong local role models to follow, so we must elevate, highlight and appreciate those Western Australians who continue to contribute to the greater good and cyber safety of us all here in Western Australia.
The 2019 Western Australian awards recognise outstanding practice, teamwork, education and service delivery across our very own Cyber Security industry. Proudly hosted by Stay Cyber Safe in conjunction with our event sponsor KnowBe4, platinum sponsor Kinetic IT and MySecurity Media we are delighted to participate in the recognition and celebration of the best in the WA Cyber Security Industry.
We welcome your nomination, and to acknowledge the effort it takes to nominate you go into the draw to win a complimentary ticket valued at over $220 to the WA Cyber Awards Gala Dinner at which winners will be announced.
This process has been designed to be efficient so it is essential to be able to deliver your nomination as convincingly and effectively by answering a single question about the nominee - it reflects your ability to summarise their value to the industry. For award categories, criteria, prizes and for more details on the awards, click here.
NOMINATIONS CLOSE 5PM WST FRIDAY 30th August 2019
Thank you for your participation, without you these awards would not be possible.
Stay Cyber Safe Founder
Things you should know
- Entry is free.
- Awards are only open to Western Australian registered organisations.
- Nominated organisations, teams and individuals must currently be workingin the WA Cyber Security industry or have representation - metro, regionalor remote.
- Only ONE entry per award category per nominator.
- Nominations for individual awards must be made by someone other than the nominee. No self-nominations will be accepted for individual awards.
- Nominees must consent to the nomination upon being contacted by a representative of Stay Cyber Safe Submissions must be made online only at https://wacyberawards.com.au/nominate
- Submissions must address the category award criteria.
- Nominations must be received by 5pm WST on Friday 30th August 2019.
- The awards will be presented at the inaugural 2019 Western Australian Cyber Security Awards Gala Dinner on Friday 11th October 2019 in the Crown Ballroom, Perth.
- It would be appreciated if shortlisted nominees and nominators are present at the event. Discounts are available for table bookings.
- It is a condition of entry that finalists and winners are available for publicity opportunities, which may include advertising features and interviews with in-house or external print, digital or TV media. Stay Cyber Safe and KnowBe4 may use the winners’ names, images and/or voices in the event they are a winner (including photographs, film and/or recording of the same) for an unlimited period with no recompense to the winners.
- All submitted nominations and supporting material remain the property of Stay Cyber Safe and will not be returned.
- Stay Cyber Safe has established an independent Selection Panel to determine winners in each category.
- The Selection Panel will be announced in July 2019 and will comprise representatives from a diverse range of services across the industry and government.
- All attempts will be made to ensure there is no conflict of interest between members of the Selection Panel and those submitting nominations.
- The Selection Panel will have complete discretion when considering nominations and may call for further information if needed.
- The selection panel reserves the right not to confer an award in any given category if quantity or quality of nominations are insufficient.
- The Selection Panel’s decisions in respect of the awards are final and cannot be appealed. No correspondence will be entered into.